Assessment of the proprioceptive system
You will be within the physiotherapy (musculoskeletal or neurologic) examination, always valued the proprioceptive system to have a reference and a guidelines that establish the treatment plan. Sometimes the same techniques which allow us to assess the animal, then serve to rehabilitate it.
- Positional reaction or conscious proprioception
- Put the dorsal aspect of the tip in contact with the ground. The animal should be rectified instantly to the normal position.
- Put the tip of the animal in abduction or adduction. In this case also you should rectify instantly back to the initial position.
- Place a sheet of paper so the dog rest pads. Move the blade sideways in thoracic limb and pelvic caudolateralmente for tips. Sensing movement stimulation, you must replace tip properly.
- You must take the ends of a hemibody origin and move the animal to the opposite side to see if it is able to endure the balance.
- In the case of injury muscle-esqueeticas is also possible to assess the affected limb by taking only the opposite member or one of the above and assess the reaction of balance that presents the animal (uniestacion)
- It is exactly the same period as the only hemiestacion that the animal should be moved on the two members.
- Diving test
- Holding the animal and avoiding to support three of four limbs, move it laterally. You must make small jumps.
- Trolley test
- Make that you move with their thoracic limbs holding him by the pelvic area. Done with the animal's head in the high position to avoid to look at where to put your hands.
- Reaction of extensor postural impulse test
- Take the animal by armpits upright and lower it slowly. When their hind legs touch the floor, extend them caudally in a March movement, anticipation of the displacement.
- Visual and tactile reaction
- Holding the animal approaching the edge of a table to play it. You must place your tip on the table instantly. We assess sensitivity visual and proprioceptive. You must be repeated by covering the eyes, so assess tactile and proprioceptive.
Station and dynamic balance
The balance of the animal can be evaluated causing postural reactions listed above either, creating subsidence of the animal in static and during the March.
During the March can be small taps sideways to see how it reacts. If the animal has your correct balance you will continue walking in a straight line without modifying neither status nor its rhythm.
Can be measured coordination through circles, eights, climbs, descents, changes of speed, different land with small difficulties between.
Drafting canine orthopedics