The support for dog's unstable or osteoarthritic carpus that offers various degrees of immobilization. It is the ideal orthosis for dogs recovering from surgery.
Designed and imported from the United States.
Top quality materials and manufacture.
Warning: Last items in stock!
?The support for dog's unstable or osteoarthritic carpus that offers various degrees of immobilization. It is the ideal orthosis for dogs recovering from surgery.
- Designed and imported from the United States.
- Made of 2 mm thick neoprene.
- Equipped with Velcro closures specially designed not to interfere with your pet's hair.
- Innovative design that enables various degrees of immobilization. Its stays provide extra support and go from more rigid (4) to more flexible (0).
- Carpal instability
- Carpal hyperextension
- Carpal osteoarthritis
- Post-surgical or conservative treatment
In order to choose the right size, measure the contour of your dog's leg at carpal level.
XS: less than 7 cm
S or M: 7-10 cm (according to leg's length)
L: 10-12.5 cm
XL: 12.5-16 cm
XXL: more than 16 cm
Cockers are normally an L.
Australian shepherds are normally an L.
Labrador retrievers are normally an XL.
Shelties are normally an S or an M.
The stay goes in the interior pocket provided with Velcro. The carpal support wraps the leg's dog right above hand level (1-2 cm). The label of the product should be facing forward. There is an extra protection inside the support to protect the extensor tendons.
It is very important to check your pet's skin every 2 or 3 hours the first days in order to control possible little skin lacerations or irritations. Place always the support on dry skin.
If the distal members sweat (paws) right after placing the support, release the pressure.